my review =)

what i have been read... watch or even listen!!!

Home » » Grimm Season 1
Monday, February 17, 2014

Grimm Season 1

Synopsis :

Portland detective, Nick Burkhardt, has seen some gruesome crime scenes, but nothing prepares him for the strange visions he begins seeing: seemingly regular people momentarily transforming into hideous monsters. A visit from his only living relative reveals the truth. Nick has inherited the ability to see supernatural creatures, and as a "Grimm," he is tasked with keeping the balance between mankind and the mythological. A reformed "Big Bad Wolf" becomes his greatest (and also reluctant) ally and confidant. It's not long before his work as a policeman leads Nick to the criminals he once thought were only found in fairy tales. Written by L. Hamre

Synopsis source : iMDb

Grimm is a detective story with supernatural elements.. So my opinion.. This tv-series is obviously made a references from the fairytales of the Brothers Grimm.. The first episode obviously from the Red riding hood.. Interesting on how they are making a references of the fairytales to this tv series...

From my opinion.. This tv-series is just ok.. Well I'm a big fan of Supernatural and watching this tv series is just ok.. So why I say so.. Compare to Supernatural, Grimm is more light horror/thriller story.. It doesn't make me scared or anything.. Each episode is entertaining but doesn't make me looking forward to the next episode.. This story is more like a detective story but having monsters as the culprit.. Something like that..


So what I don't like about this tv-series.. First of all.. His aunt, at the first or second episode there are some scene that indicate his aunt gonna tell a big secret and that is why the monster is aiming at her.. However at the end, even when she do wake up she doesn't say anything aside lie down and be sick.. What happen to the big secret?? Anyway.. This tv series have many potential to be a great tv series but it have too many plot hole regarding with the Grimm's background story.. Saying there are a big thing gonna happen but in the whole season nothing happen that indicate something serious is happening.. So each episode having the same formula.. Someone die, investigate, culprit is the monster and save the day.. It kinda boring actually..

What else, I like the idea of using the German term in this tv series like Blutbad.. But there is too many terms and I don't even remember any of them aside from Blutbad.. Haha.. Anyway nice concept but the terms make me confuse which one they are talking about...

So finally what I don't like is Juliet.. Is it just me or she kinda annoying towards the end?? Anyway.. I think hunter is better off alone..



With Manroe alongside Nick, this tv series becoming more funnier. I just hope they kept Monroe forever.. 


With that.. I think Grimm is another ok tv series that have a potential to be a great story... Great for people who wants to try to watch this horror/thriller kinda story.. Not scary at all haha.. Yeah with that I rate this tv series 3 out of 5.. :D

Grimm Season 1 Review - click here
Grimm Season 2 Review - click here
Grimm Season 3 Review - click here
Grimm Season 4 Review - click here
Grimm Season 5 Review - click here




~Kei~

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...